Energies (ISSN 1996-1073) is an open access journal of related scientific research, technology development and policy and management studies. It publishes reviews, regular research papers, and communications. Our aim is to encourage scientists to publish their experimental and theoretical results in as much detail as possible. There is no restriction on the length of the papers. The full experimental details must be provided so that the results can be reproduced.
- Open Access— free for readers, with article processing charges (APC) paid by authors or their institutions.
- High Visibility: indexed within Scopus, SCIE (Web of Science), Ei Compendex, RePEc, Inspec, CAPlus / SciFinder, and many other databases.
- Journal Rank: CiteScore - Q1 (Control and Optimization)
- Rapid Publication: manuscripts are peer-reviewed and a first decision provided to authors approximately 15.9 days after submission; acceptance to publication is undertaken in 3.7 days (median values for papers published in this journal in the first half of 2021).
- Recognition of Reviewers: reviewers who provide timely, thorough peer-review reports receive vouchers entitling them to a discount on the APC of their next publication in any MDPI journal, in appreciation of the work done.
- Testimonials: See what our authors say about Energies.
- Sections: published in Twenty-seven topical sections.
- Companion journals for Energies include: Fuels, Gases, Nanoenergy Advances and Solar.
Impact Factor: 3.004 (2020)
Indexing & Abstracting Services
- AGORA (FAO)
- AGRIS - Agricultural Sciences and Technology (FAO)
- CAB Abstracts (CABI)
- Chemical Abstracts (ACS)
- Current Contents - Engineering, Computing & Technology (Clarivate Analytics)
- DOAJ - Directory of Open Access Journals
- EconPapers (RePEc)
- Ei Compendex / Engineering Village (Elsevier)
- ETDE - Energy Technology Data Exchange (IEA)
- Genamics JournalSeek
- HINARI (WHO)
- IDEAS (RePEc)
- Inspec (IET)
- Journal Citation Reports / Science Edition (Clarivate Analytics)
- Julkaisufoorumi Publication Forum (Federation of Finnish Learned Societies)
- LAPSE - Living Archive for Process Systems Engineeringexternal link
- Norwegian Register for Scientific Journals, Series and Publishers (NSD)
- Science Citation Index Expanded - Web of Science (Clarivate Analytics)
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Web of Science (Clarivate Analytics)
- CLOCKSS (Digital Archive)external link
- e-Helvetica (Swiss National Library Digital Archive)external link